Cabinets are one of the many systems used to improve storage and organization methods while simultaneously optimizing garage space. Large cabinets can be used to store various items of different sizes such as camping gear, holiday decorations, gardening supplies, home improvement equipment, and so much more. Cabinets help store your items, improve organization, and keep the items out of direct sight. This helps make for a tidier environment, eliminating the stress and headaches associated with garage messes.
This article will teach individuals the steps necessary to install cabinets. This easy 6 step process will help make this do-it-yourself project super simple. First, what are the required materials for this project?
- Safety glasses
- Nail set
- Stud finder
- Tape measure
- Circular saw
- Air hose
- Nail gun
- Air compressor
- Milter saw
- Polyurethane glue
You’ll also need various lumber and hardware supplies, including:
- Shelving cleats
- Door tracks
- Finger pulls
Once you have supplies, follow these easy steps:
- Plan Cabinets- Take appropriate measurements and layout your plans. Come up with a plan so you don’t waste time and materials. Once you have the measurements, use a marker to mark the plywood before you cut your materials.
- Select Materials- There are various wood, plastic, and metal options when it comes to supplies. Select the options that work best for you.
- Attach Panels and Mount Wall Cleats- Rip the plywood, fasten the end panel, nail the end panel cleat, and attach the end panel.
- Build and Install Ladders
- Install the Dividers, Bottoms and Shelves- Bolt cleats to studs, notch the divider panels, place the divider panels, align the bottom ladder, add sliding door tracks, and install the bottom panels.
- Install Sliding Doors and Finish
Following this step-by-step guide can improve storage in your garage and lead a much more organized lifestyle.